It all depends on whether the customer is purchasing, getting cash out or asking for a refund. However, let’s specifically explore the most likely scenario, that is, purchasing.
This post is inspired by the video in the link below:
- Select the purchasing option on the machine
- Enter the required amount of money on the machine, based on what the charge is for the purchase
- Type in the customer’s desired cash out amount
- Swipe or insert card. Note: if the card is chipped, it needs to be inserted.
- Select account (check, savings or credit. Ask the customer!)
- Enter pin code
- Let the receipt print
- Ask customer if they wish to have a receipt copy
- If they do, print another receipt by pressing “ENTER”. Keep one receipt for yourself and give the other to the customer