For something simple yet enjoyable, whip together a bunch of this and that. Pack it into an airtight container and take to work, school or have it at home!
Inspired by the Londoner’s recipe, http://www.thelondoner.me/2015/01/travelling-noodles.html.
A healthier and fresher alternative to mi goreng 🙂
Ingredients: (these are changeable, but this is what I selected for today’s lunch. You don’t have to use a billion ingredients like I did; you can keep your ingredients list short and sweet. Note that there aren’t exactly precise measurements.)
- 1 “basket” (that’s how I choose to refer to it as) of egg noodles
- generous handful of leafy greens, roughly snipped (I took mix of bok choy, rocket and a hint of spinach and spring onion from the garden)
- Asparagus (I simply took some from a jar, all ready and pre-cooked)
- some spring onion, roughly torn
- soy sauce
- sesame oil
- mushrooms, chopped
- garlic clove, minced
- small piece of ginger, minced
The night before:
- Mix all ingredients together in a saucepan with a little boiled water. Let it sit, mix it a little, keep watch and use your judgement for when it’s time to take it off the heat. (Note: I mixed everything expect for garden greens together in the saucepan, the night before. The next morning I decided to add greens into the container for a nutritional boost)
- Transfer into an airtight container, preferably glass.
- Heat it up come lunch time
- Enjoy! 🙂