On Saturday morning I came across the idea of avocado coffee reading a Top Deck magazine. Avocado. Coffee. Two of my favourite things. Where can you go wrong with avocado and coffee? (a food coma and jitters, I suppose)
So, I decided to brew up a coffee and use the sad half avocado waiting in the fridge that actually looked very happy and waiting to be eaten… okay that probably makes no sense but anyway…
I came up with a recipe, which calls for:
- a quarter of a medium avocado or half a small avocado
- half a cup strong-ish coffee or 1 cup coffee (whatever is appropriate for you without crossing the caffeine limit line)
- 1/3 of a cup full cream milk. (more or less if desired)
- brew up your coffee and pour into a mug
- pour in your milk
- pop into a blender with the avocado and whiz!
- optional: you could add a bit of vanilla and cinnamon, like I did, but I feel like it could have done without it. But hey, it’s up to you!
So there you go! A frothy, creamy coffee without the big, fat, calorific (and horribly sickening!) dollop (or four) of cream! Serve in your favourite mug (I use my current fave: a babushka mug) and enjoy!